Environmental Management System
What is an Eco - hotel?
A term used to describe a hotel or accommodation, which has made significant environmental improvements in its structure, to minimize their impact on the environment. The basic definition of a green hotel is an accommodation that is environmentally responsible among others, the following practices of the Green Hospitality:
- Conserve water by using toilets and low flow showerheads.
- Offer programs to reuse towels and sheets in cycles of two or three days.
- Use energy-efficient appliances
- Use rechargeable dispensers for hair care and skin.
- Use compact fluorescent lights with sensors or timers.
- Using recycled paper and chlorine-free at the reception and bedrooms.
- Use of Gas Systems for heating water for showers.
- Use nontoxic cleaning products and disinfectants
- Include in the restaurant service or cloth napkins made from recycled materials, glass, ceramic dishes and other reusable items.
- Restaurant offered locally grown organic foods.
- Using occupancy sensors to control lights and switches in circulation Card power control with air conditioning, fans, TV and electrical goods
What is a Green Guest
There are many ways you can minimize the environmental impact of your stay. Some simple tips:
- Let him know people cleaning is not necessary to change your sheets and towels every day.
- When you leave the room, always turn off air conditioning, ventilation, lights and television.
- Get used to using soap dispensers, shampoo and toilet paper, guarantee the proper use and minimal waste.
- Get used to the use of plates, cutlery and glasses are not disposable.
- Turn off the water while you soap your hands, shave or wash your teeth. (A running tap uses up to 12 liters of water a minute).
- At the shower, close the tap while soaping. (You'll save on average 150 liters each).
- Do not use the toilet as a trash can. Use the toilet paper. (You'll save from 6 to 12 liters of water every timeyou empty the tank).
- Use the recycling bins placed in the Hotel
- Unplug your electronics, that the mere fact of being connected to the current energy-consuming case withlaptops and cell phone chargers. So unplug them when they are turned off.